CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Meet Noche the Owl!

I came up with this idea when I was reading through the Kinder TEKS and found that students had to learn Writing Conventions (tenses, nouns, descriptive words, prepositions). Because my classroom theme is owls, I found the picture below and thought it would be great to project and use for this lesson. We can describe the owl and his surroundings, talk about how he is "on the branch" and "in the tree." While I was writing the lesson, I thought it would be fun to have a class "pet" owl, since it goes along with our theme. Enter -- "Noche" the Owl! I purchased him online and can't wait for school to start so I can introduce him to his new friends! I picked his name wisely (haha!) to teach a Mini Spanish Lesson! :) 
Any other fun ideas for owls or conventions? Post comments below! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment